I turned it around!

 My day was going like the typical mom day... fucking laundry, fucking dishes, not enough fucking coffee, and a kid at home on Thanksgiving break when I needed to cook pies and prep a turkey and find a little peace in the bottom of a large peppermint mocha cold brew. 

Of course my kid was in the way. I bumped him on the head taking out my pie crust from the fridge (I use store bought, bitches, because, time.) I gave him a flat tire putting a dirty pan into the sink. He was constantly jumping up on me, hugging me and not letting go. I pictured myself as a football player, just trying to avoid the defense getting to the peppermint mocha col brew on the other side of the touchdown. 

Man. It was barely 9am. Mind you, at the time I'm writing this, I have missed a therapy appointment totally by accident. Sorry, I was busy momming. 

There's a person there, behind the offensive lineman I play in my head. 

That person had a brilliant fucking idea! Kiddo wanted to help make pumpkin pies because we grew the pumpkins ourselves (yeah, I smell another blog there too). I took out all the ingredients and tools. Then, I just kinda stood there, waiting for my kiddo to pop into the kitchen.

"Crack the two eggs into the bowl."

"penis." (Yeah, I have 10 year old boy. I bet I didn't even need to tell you that)

"OK, I'll measure the pumpkin while you add what's in that can"

Silence while he worked. 

"Turn on the beaters and I'll add the cinnamon."

Silence

"OK, turn off the beaters and take the bowl over and pour it into the crust."

Smiles and Silence. 

"Dooooood!! I think we should make this our new tradition. You're off school the week of Thanksgiving so we'll make pies together!"

"Yes! We should! I love pie!"

-----

What an amazing accomplishment on my part as a mom. I turned my grumbling ass into a smiling pile of goo. That doesn't seem to happen too often. And I gotta tell you how stoked I am to start a new tradition with my growing baby boy. Yes, he's still my baby. Yes, he's cool with me calling him a baby. Yes, he for sure won't be letting me do it any longer. 

My peppermint mocha cold brew is completely in my belly and I think I gotta poop. 

Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ear infections suck.

Hello New Year, Bye Bye Tonsils!

August Ninth