Under the Knife


I chose this lovely picture of endometriosis because of the "thick gelatinous" description. That's kinda what I picture going on in my belly as I type. 

I had yet another surgery on February 20th in which they removed another hemorrhagic cyst, a little scar tissue, and a lot of endometriosis. 

All was well after two weeks and I went back to work. On the fourth week post surgery, I was hit with a horrendous pain and a bloated, swollen belly. That has never happened after surgery. Also, going on a month since the surgery, I wasn't able to wear regular pants without a deal of discomfort. Something was not right. 

My doctor diagnosed me with a post surgical infection. The pain got better for a day, then was right back to drop me down, kill me now level. Of course, that meant that I had to go to the emergency room.

In the emergency room, they found no sign of infection or of abscess. They diagnosed me with just lingering post surgical pain. My doctor upped my pain killer dosage and I am awaiting my follow up appointment tomorrow morning. 

This has been a little hell for me again. Today I have had a clearer head and decided to use the wonderful internet for some research. Of course, I'm not trying to diagnose myself, but am merely looking for support. I had no idea it was this common to have endo after a total hysterectomy. I also had no idea that endo could cause severe pain and leave you needed more lap surgeries to clear it out. I also wasn't really sure how hormone therapy could help.

Needless to say, I have a list of questions for my doctor tomorrow. I have been feeling like crap since the beginning of February and March is almost over. It's time to get back to normal. I have big plans for spring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And again

Birthday Month Day 24

Onward with life